St George's Hall Complex
In the centre of the parish we find the fantastic facility that St. George’s Hall Complex. Originally built for the parish, the hall opened in 1893.
Although today’s Hall complex has been extended and altered since it was first put up, the whole facility remains true to it’s original concept in that it provides the parishioners and others with a wonderful venue for social, sporting, entertainment, meetings, children’s parties and many other possible uses.
In the 1970’s an extension was added to the original St. George’s Hall which included a new meeting room, additional toilets both regular & disabled, a kitchen and two smaller meeting rooms.
In 2008 an area was converted to become Methwold’s Post Office and in 2014 a Parish Council Office was created serving the needs of the council as a base.
The large meeting room was named after the then Chairman of the PC Cllr. Harry Fenton. The Fenton Room and Kitchen added a great asset to the whole complex and is popular with smaller groups and organisations as a meeting place.
Today the St. George’s Hall Complex consists of six main areas with the first two along with their facilities available for private or commercial hire:
If you would like more information or would like to make a booking please contact the Clerk on the phone numbers above or email email@example.com